In use by top semiconductor companies in the industry, the NMX-ERP™ solution enables superior project schedule estimation, risk analysis, resource planning, multi-project execution pipeline analysis and benchmarking.
The nucleus of the NMX-ERP solution contains:
- An Industry Database of more than 1,700 IC projects from over 100 semiconductor companies. Major categories include wireless communications, computers, entertainment products, industrial products, wired communications, computer system peripherals, and transportation.
- Numetrics’ patented IC Complexity Calculation Engine, composed of a suite of models calibrated with more than 1,600 IC projects and 30,000 circuit blocks that allow any chip’s complexity to be normalized and its design difficulty quantified – from concept to release to production – given its specific technical characteristics and application.
NMX-ERP enables semiconductor managers to:
- Significantly improve schedule predictability and therefore reduce schedule slip
- Set highly competitive schedule targets
- Rapidly explore alternative project plan scenarios in a “what-if” simulation environment that supports tradeoffs between schedule, staffing, chip functionality and performance.
With NMX-ERP–the only solution of its kind in the world–engineering managers can monitor schedule risk and benchmark performance of all active projects in their portfolios. Immediately upon specifying the chip’s technical characteristics and the staffing assigned to the project, the engineering manager gets an accurate measure of the schedule risk – the probability and magnitude of a schedule slip. Knowing which projects will seriously miss schedule and having the data and analyses supporting the conclusions enables engineering managers to confidently take corrective action and defend decisions.
NMX-ERP’s Bottom Line Value: Projects finish on time, within budget, and have competitive cycle times, all of which translates to higher revenue, profits and market share.
Read more about Numetrics: [ View As ]